How to Write Good: I’m working on a research paper and I have to remind myself of these golden rules. 🙂
• Avoid Alliteration. Always.
• Eschew obfuscation.
• One word sentences? Eliminate.
• Don’t repeat yourself, or say again what you have said before.
• The passive voice is to be avoided.
• Avoid cliches like the plague. (They’re old hat.)
• Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
• Poofread carefully to see if you any words out.
• Don’t overuse exclamation marks!!!
• Take the bull by the hand and avoid mixing metaphors.
• Be more or less specific.
• Understatement is always best.
• Who needs rhetorical questions?
• And always be sure to finish what