FRACTAL PANCAKES! Cooked up by a math teacher to entertain his kids.

FRACTAL PANCAKES! Cooked up by a math teacher to entertain his kids.

May I take your order?

• If your attempt falls short of the artistic, you can always submit them to the Ugly Pancake Contest: http://saipancakes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/ugly-pancake-contest.html

• My favorite, tested pancake recipe is from Shinae Choi Robinson and can be found here: http://goo.gl/WCGwk

H/T to Nathan Baker for the link: http://saipancakes.blogspot.co.uk/

36 Responses to FRACTAL PANCAKES! Cooked up by a math teacher to entertain his kids.

1. Another great post from a great friend

And thank you for the recipe, I’m gonna try this one.

2. That’s a tasty thought. Its all in the presentation!

3. I would have been different had my teachers were like this 😛

4. R Prakash Prakash you would still have been you with a different attitude from the you now.

R Prakash Prakash , we could try this with dosas, yes?

6. Absolutely Rajini Rao. Hope my wife won’t get that creative though:) Akpo Siekpe you are right.

7. Rajini Rao why only dosa even idlys will do… for that matter even buns will do… 🙂

With the idlis, it would have to be post operative cut outs. They puff up and out when they cook, and that would destroy the shape. One could do this with chappatis too 🙂 In fact, many of my early attempts did look like amoebae.

9. Excusable chappatis:) . But can’t like one looking like Australia!

Haha, my father used to liken my chappatis to a map of India.

11. My son likes triangular puris:0

Hmm, flaky parathas are indeed triangular 🙂

13. By this time, you might have made out, I am big foody:0

14. The geo-symmetry of food or Continental-Culinary-Comparisons

Good morning and good breakfast to you too, Shinae Choi Robinson .I’ve made that recipe several times, it’s a keeper 🙂

16. Yohan Wadia says:

i’m hungry already !!!

I expect the Full Mandelbrot from you, Feisal Kamil 🙂

It’s a yeasty batter, neat 🙂

19. Kunal Rohit says:

why werent my teachers like this….?? all i got was grainy pictures n a hit if i dint remeber the names!

Actually, kunal rohit , you ought to blame your dad 😉

21. Kunal Rohit says:

if my dad did make pancakes, they would look like these, but unintentionally, tht is what happens to me whne i make ‘rotis’ :p

Exactly, kunal rohit , see my comment above re. Chappatis!

23. Kunal Rohit says:

lol Rajini Rao mine were alwys a differnet country, not tht i made them very often..

24. How entirely creative and educational too… Rajini Rao but I know I already couldn’t make them :)))

Same here, Cheryl Ann MacDonald, Psy’D. . But I can eat them 🙂

26. Yes, yes, yes me too 🙂 no problem!

27. I would never have the guts to eat these masterpieces!

Fadia Lekouaghet , this may be a good thing because if you ate the Apollonian gasket, you would still be hungry 🙂

Only the Peano curve looks like a solid breakfast to me. By the way, who is Peano and why is his/her curve a square?

Very cool stuff, thanks, Feisal!! Not sure, but 11 pm is a bit late for mathematical theorems, Feisal Kamil 🙂 I’m very much a morning person!

D’aww, thanks for the vote on the other post, Feisal Kamil 🙂 So many terrific posters on G+..everything from humor to tech to art.

Oh yeah! That story! Haha, yes..I may have seen it, but I will need to recharge my cognitive powers first. Will check it out first thing in the morning, ‘night Feisal.

33. awesome Rajini Rao