Title

Image | This entry was posted in Rajini Rao. Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Title

1. I don’t think I will ever get over my fascination with these spiders! What variety!

2. More than two eyes? Gr8 Pics!

Absolutely, R Prakash Prakash . Jumping spiders have 8 eyes.

4. i think that the best picture of a bug up close

5. Excellent pics! Are you researching on insects and their eyes?

6. TJ Edwards says:

I saw at the top that this is a female whats the change betwen the male and female face???

7. Tara McBride says:

eeeeek! Just kidding. That’s pretty awesome. How do you get them to hold a pose? (hahaha! =D)

8. Tara McBride says:

It’s only been in the last couple of years that I managed to overcome my ridiculous arachnaphobia. They are really extarordinary little critters!

9. looks like a gems to me

10. Shudder That’s amazing…… but disgusting!! i hope i never have to see a spider this up-close every again.

Stefan Detrez , I guess some people have irrational fear/distaste for spiders. I’m like you..they are fascinating to me. BTW, I wanted to say that I love that the Latin root of Salticidae (jumping spiders) is saltus for jump. In neurons, action potentials jump from one node to another along the axon (because of breaks in myelin insulation)..that form of transmission is called saltation.

12. Are you a member of the photoextract.com community? They have tons of cool macro photography similar to the ones you posted. Just wondering if you posted there as well?

josue lopez , nope..I’m a scientist not a photographer. Photo credits in my post. 🙂

14. Cool. Check out the site when you have time, you’ll love their macro galleries, among others.

15. Stefan Detrez Spiders are amazing creatures…. I’ve just never been fond of them! 😛 And believe me there is no way in the world I would have mistaken that for a caterpillar; spider was the first thought that popped into my head, even before I read the caption:) It is a remarkable photo though……

16. now this is colorful [:

17. Spiders are the nerds of the insect world what with always being called “four-eyes” and all.

18. he’s so cute i want to kiss him does it bite

19. cover up the 2 small eyes at the side and guess what – COOKIE MONSTER!!!

20. lol, How did that last image get in there?

Just for you Marc Ponomareff 😉 Only one other sharp G plusser noticed that this guy does not have compound eyes!

22. 599 g+ users are blissfully unaware of how nefarious Rajini Rao actually is;) Only +Martin Sacha suspects the truth 🙂

Shhh, Marc Ponomareff . I’m offering to buy your silence with more mad scientist recipes. 🙂

Marc Ponomareff , one of my favorites. Also the Boxer. And Bridge over Troubled Water. And The Dangling Conversation And..oh, you get the idea 🙂

25. Stefan Detrez Nice word! It much better describes my disposition towards spiders than the over-used “arachniphobe”. And no… I can’t really give a logical defense for it 😛 Besides the fact that i’m constantly having to quash unsanctioned arachnid congregations in my bedroom corners…..

26. ooooh! jumping spider! im pretty sure i read somewhere (national geographic i think) that in jumping spiders, the size of the brain tends to always be about the same size, even though some spiders may be much smaller than others, causing the brain to take up huge amounts of space in the smaller spider’s bodies. something like 80% of the body mass. the brain may even spill out to into the legs! isnt that crazy?

ah here it is. link to the article

27. Mindey I. says:

Amazing that they are not compound. So there is retina behind the lens.

28. Ulises Meraz says: