John Lennon: Happy Christmas (War is Over)

John Lennon: Happy Christmas (War is Over)

Via Konstantin Makov , who should be in your circles (if not already) for his creativity and uncanny ability to pair music, images and ideas.

“Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” was written by John Lennon and Yoko Ono and recorded in 1971, with the help of producer Phil Spector. It features heavily echoed vocals, and a chorus by children of the Harlem Community Choir. Although the song is a protest against the Vietnam war, it is interesting to note, that 30 years later, the Iraq war is finally over.

Enjoy!

“A very merry Christmas

And a happy New Year

Let’s hope it’s a good one

Without any fear

And so this is Christmas

And what have we done

Another year over

And a new one just begun

Ans so this is Christmas

I hope you have fun

The near and the dear one

The old and the young

A very merry Christmas

And a happy New Year

Let’s hope it’s a good one

Without any fear

War is over over

If you want it

War is over

Now…”

Originally shared by Bllazi Oficial

Deseje um FELIZ NATAL a todos, compartilhe esse post (:

29 Responses to John Lennon: Happy Christmas (War is Over)

1. Rajini Rao , on your word, I have added +Konstantin Makov to my circle and you to have a happy Christmas and a happy new year 2012.

of course, I have checked his posts before I took the decision, you are right, his creativity is awesome, thanks for sharing.

2. Thank you for this treasure Rajini, I too shall take your advice for you my dear have exquisite tastes.

And and very serene Christmas and a bountiful new Year for you and yours

3. Rajini Rao Thank You for recomendation.agree with each Your word about me…lol

Marry New Year and Happy Christmas !

of course that all for You Abhishek Thota too ( :

p.s. have sent mail,Rajini.have You got ?

4. Lol What a gift, I’m sure now Rajini Rao gonna be my best friend !

I love what you share My turn to Give you something:

John Lennon – Imagine Lyrics

Best Xr15M45 every-buddy!!

P.S:

Rajini do you know how to speak this language : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esperanto ?

5. Elisa Sweet says:

thanks and same to you………..

Nzn various Artiste , Imagine is one of my all time favorites, thank you! I don’t speak Esperanto (do you?), but I’m doing a pretty good job following your 1337 🙂 P34(3!

7. Very Very Happy Merry Christmas Rajni

8. Merry Christmas and a safe holiday to you and your family

9. Thank u n same 2 u n 2 ur family

10. happy christmas to you. and nice image

11. Paul Melrose says:

Merry Christmas Rajini 🙂

12. Vijaya Gopal says:

thenking you my friend

13. RAY CHAPA says:

Very Nice, So happy for the Holidays.

14. superb a merry christmas to all

15. Ramesh Babu says:

very nice yar u r grate

16. RAY CHAPA says:

Merry Christmas Everyone.

17. daniel wyatt says:

Hard to believe Phil Spector had so much to do w/ songs of this message and artists of this caliber, and ended up where he is…

daniel wyatt , I think his legendary status did give him a lot of protection and preferential treatment in the early part of the trial..but that went only so far. Yeah, sad ending all around in his case.

19. daniel wyatt says:

Great sentiment though…it’s been some time since last I read those lyrics…a special man, he

20. daniel wyatt says:

OH,Ms. Rao, Rajini..I meant to compliment u on the musings of a mad scientist recipies, and wondered when I 1st read of the ATP engine..is this mechanism one found in all forms of life? Biological, botanical, bottom of the ocean rift organisms…horseshoe crabs w/ their cyanosomthin’ blood?

daniel wyatt , thanks for the compliment on the madamescientist blog..it was supposed to contain my scientific musings as well, but those seem to fit better here on G+. Regarding the ATP synthase, it arose early enough to predate all the life forms you mention. It is found in bacteria and other microbes, simple unicelled organisms, plants, fungi, metazoans (animals) of all types, Also seen in extremophiles (bacteria that grow at very high temperatures, or in very high salt and other inhospitable conditions)..these are a separate branch of life known as archaea. 🙂