Is it science or a miracle? For those of you still in doubt, this ought to clear things up 😉

• Enrico Fermi, when asked what he meant by a miracle:

Oh, anything with a probability of less than 20%.

• Dogbert (gazing at night sky): No matter how bad the day is, the stars are always there.

Dilbert: Actually, many of them burned out years ago, but their light is just now reaching earth.

Dogbert: Thank you for shattering my comfortable misconception.

Dilbert: It’s the miracle of science.

• “Magic is a science.

Miracle is the work.

Mind is a laboratory.” -Toba Beta

Thanks, Marian Wirth , this cheered me up no end 🙂

32 Responses to Is it science or a miracle? For those of you still in doubt, this ought to clear things up ;)

1. “Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.” -Arthur C. Clarke … not miracles specifically, but unexplained occurrences in general.

That’s a great one, thanks, George Beckingham ! Perfect!!!

3. This was a great laugh. Lady Rajini Rao , you are what’s hot on Google+ — and that is so COOL!

Don’t remind me, La Vergne Lestermeringolo Thatch , I’m trying to recover 🙂

5. On Google+ a lot of red is good. Lol

6. It was so cool to see your consistency and hard work rewarded! That made my, and a lot of G+ users day, I’m sure!

7. “Why God couldn’t get tenured: 1. He only authored one significant work, and 2. it was in Hebrew, and 3. not published in a refereed journal, and 4. some doubt whether or not He actually even wrote it Himself. 5. Other researchers in his field have had a very difficult time reproducing his results. 6. Sure, He created the world, but what has He done since then?”

LOL, Charley Kline , this is getting better and better. However, he did publish in Cell and Nature!

9. Marian Wirth says:

Rajini Rao Although I have no idea what you are recovering from and what’s going on here … I’m very proud to have triggered it!

10. Anonymole says:

What would be miraculous is if politics and finance could catch up with science in its progression of knowledge and equitable treatment of participants. Hallelujah, I have seen the signs and they’re neither donkeys, elephants or dollar signs.

11. Marian Wirth says:

Rajini Rao If this were a German environment, we would’ve reached the point at which the media outlet would crush the party with a cease and desist letter. Just saying.

12. Tom Lee says:

Rajini Rao You don’t need to recover from anything at all. Just take some deep breaths and keep on rocking! Proud of you!

13. Wizards and witches often wonder the ingenious ways the muggles(non- magic people for the Harry Potter challenged) get things done. The things they use magic for.

14. Hahaha….love the comic!

Mack Thompson , that’s why the quote from Fermi is funny 🙂

16. Mike Dunn says:

GREAT PIX,ETC.RAJINI!~!!!!!!

17. Rajini Rao Speechless and smiling !

18. Reminds me of the film “Eve and the Fire Horse”.

19. Well, both science and miracles are the unexplained being explained with/without facts. Scientific miracles are the result of turning the unbelievable into the believable. Now, to those who believe in miracles, you very well know that belief is the first step towards enlightenment. If one believes in scientific miracles, does one not need to adopt science as the true path to enlightenment. And enlightenment is great knowledge, understanding, and power. It’s hard to believe that we have more witnesses of scientific miracles every day and yet, believers of old myths and legend (those who have not witnessed anything) still roam the Earth and reject evolution and science.

Scott Hatch (this + is to direct my response to you!), most tags are from close G+ friends who are being nice enough to stop by and say hello. If not for the tag, I may not notice a specific comment from them in a sea of “hi’s” and hello’s”. So no worries, its all good. 🙂

Tony Bryson , I agree..some days I can only check in my notifications quickly and it helps if I see a tag. So keep them coming fellow G+’ers.